Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
natalie4b

Daffodils in December!

natalie4b
12 years ago

{{gwi:770145}}

I was amazed and pleasantly surprised to discover daffodils blooming this morning!

It gets to be earlier and earlier each year - global warming?

Comments (3)

• silverkelt
    12 years ago

That truly is amazing..

Even though we are having a fairly warm late fall early winter here (with temps that hit 40 at times) I still will not see my daffs till early to mid april.

Whatever global warming has done, it really hasnt changed overal season lengths in Maine. We are pretty much still tied into what was happing 100 years ago. 6 -7 months of freezing temps, 3-4 months of frost free nights and a couple of mixed months, where items like Daffs can grow.

• wvbetsy
    12 years ago

I live in WV, zone 6, and have daffodils blooming. These are ones that bloom in late February. Strange weather - the japonica has buds opening and hellebores are showing signs of blooming early.

• flora_uk
    12 years ago

Weird winter over here too. The snowdrops have started and the fuchsias haven't finished! My lemon tree and Brunfelsia are still outside. The avocados and dates which often grow from seeds in my home made compost haven't died off yet and I've seen a few daffodils too. Only one very mild frost so far. But last winter we had some of the coldest winter days for decades.

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz