Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sweetannie4u

Merry Christmas To All My Gardening Friends

Annie
13 years ago

Now that Christmas is nigh, FaceBook has finally gotten quiet enough that I have time to come on here and wish you all a Very Happy Christmas and a Prosperous New Year.

A few of us are there. Now that it is Winter, it would be awesome if some of the rest of my friends would come join the fun there. (am I allowed to say this on here?)

So, here's my special invitation to you.

Going to go read all the posts and catch up, and then get back at my baking.

Love,

~Annie

Comments (15)

• schoolhouse_gw
    13 years ago

Enjoy a beautiful Christmas and a wonderful New Year, Annie and all!

• natal
    13 years ago

Annie, I'm glad you're finding enjoyment in FB. Ironically, I read a few posts the other day on another GW forum from people who have chosen to kill their accounts ... cut the string. And on yet another GW forum a few members chose a FB page to gather and diss other members. :~(

When my sister joined a couple years ago I created an account to take a look around. That was enough. Not for me.

Have a Merry Christmas and don't be such a stranger!

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    13 years ago

Well hi there Annie, A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and yours too. Glad you're popping in here once in awhile you've been missed. I'm not on FB so will you wish a very merry christmas for me to any cottagers who hang out there now, thanks.

I hope everyone on this forum has the best Christmas ever and hopefully the new year will be filled with lots of good things for us all. It looks like it will be a green christmas for us this year, green, mild and VERY wet. It's been pouring for weeks now, thankfully rain not snow or our house would be buried by now. Flood warnings are up all up and down the island, it's pretty bad in some places, we're in a fairly safe location tho, the most we've ever had in times like this is a bit of a damp basement.

Annette

• loisthegardener_nc7b
    13 years ago

Yes, don't be a stranger here. My cat has a facebook page, but I don't go there much.

• lavender_lass
    13 years ago

Merry Christmas, Annie! Take care, everyone, and have a safe and lovely holiday :)

• Annie
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I haven't forsaken the Cottage Garden. My daughter-in-law kept bugging me to join FB so I could connect with my kids and grandkids and get lots of pictures of everyone.
    I don't play any of the games.
    I have found a great bunch of friends through political and gardening searches, and also reconnected with cousins, siblings, nieces and nephews, and old girlfriends of my boys who still call me "Mom", and their families. Also, my other interests, such as the Sierra Club, National Wildlife, Arbor Day Foundation, and others. I have found old band friends and have contact with DH's band members and the wives. It keeps me hopping, I tell you.
    But, the Garden Web is my home and as soon as it is Springtime, I will be back on here bugging the heck out of all of you again.
    DH's band will be going down to Austin this summer sometime for some music festival (?), so I want to hook up with all my friends in that area while there, even if just for a coffee break or lunch. I definitely plan on going to the Rose nurseries while down that way. :)

I come on at least once a week and read your posts. I have posted off and on since September. Hey!
    I saw lots of new people on here. Cool beans!
    Saw that my friend Lorna had posted. I have been worried about her for months. Glad she is okay.

We went down to SC to see my new grandson, as you know, and when we got home, I came down with Bronchial Pneumonia. Swell! (I think I am allergic to something down there - that's the second time that has happened) Took a long time to totally get well.

My parents haven't been well, and Papa is failing, so have been busy with them too.

My chickens are still laying big fine eggs in several shades of tan, brown and pure white. My girls and good little hens.

We are still in drought. No significant rain for months - back to July. Fires around us. That is keeping me busy trying to irrigate in winter - fun, fun, fun!
    Crocheted some things.

Always a busy bee.
    Other than getting fatter, nothing else is new!

Oh, and those of you whom I promised plants and roses to...I haven't forgotten you wanted them. I decided it would be best to wait until spring to send them. With our drought, they weren't looking to spry this summer, and by fall they were down-right ugly. I don't want to send you plants that look like that! This spring, they will be pretty again.

We're getting a good soaker misty rain today - it started yesterday evening. Yippee! That will certainly help.
    Hope this is enough news to last awhile. :)

Right now I am cooking and baking up a storm, getting ready for our family Christmas gathering tomorrow. I need to go check the giblets I have simmering on the stove, so best get off here and do it. Sure smells good!

Love you all.
    ~Annie

• thinman
    13 years ago

The absolute best of Christmas and holiday wishes to you, Annie! It's always good to hear about all the things that you are doing, and yes, that last batch of news will last us for a while, if it has to. :-)

One of my daughters had bronchial pneumonia as a youngster. Luckily, it was not a bad case. My main memory of it was that she got a little mixed up and kept saying she had brown ammonia. Ever since then, whenever any of us has a cough someone is sure to raise their eyebrows and ask "Brown Ammonia?"

Thanks for the news and good wishes.

Happy Holidays to all dear cottagers.

ThinMan

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    13 years ago

Well, Merry Christmas to All. Happy to be back on-line to say that!!! I don't join facebook as I am still in the biz world, and need to keep my private life well, err, private. This is my one online daliance. It will be a White Christmas here, yea!! The turkey is ready to cook, so happy feasting to all, and to all a good night. And hey, TM, if you're up late, or on the puter late, good on you - spoil those GK's while you can!!
    Annie, glad those girls are doin' you proud. Have a wonderful Christmas Holiday!!

Nancy.

• Eduarda
    13 years ago

Merry Christmas to you too, Annie, and to all the dear cottagers in this forum! Been a busy bee too - family coming over tomorrow - but I just wanted to drop by and wish all the wonderful cottagers here a wonderfully Merry Christmas with all your loved ones!

Eduarda

• ogrose_tx
    13 years ago

Merry Christmas, Annie! I don't go on FB either, please come back here and post, we miss you and enjoy your posts!

• downeastwaves
    13 years ago

Merry Christmas, Annie. Have a wonderful day to day!

• hosenemesis
    13 years ago

Merry Christmas to all of you cottage gardeners!
    Renee

• organic_kitten
    13 years ago

Merry Christmas to all. Annie, I am retiring at the end of September this upcoming year and I may go on Facebook then, but not until then. I am glad you posted as I miss your posts.

My son and DIL gave us a card with the four kids pictures and the title "?Do You Hear What I Hear?" When you open the card, you heard the sound of a rapid heartbeat..their announcement to us that number five was on the way...cross your fingers for a girl. I love my grandsons, but it is time for another girl...the last three are boys.
    kay

• gottagarden
    13 years ago

Merry Christmas and happy new year! a bit late . . .
    I've been so busy with kids and Christmas that I haven't really been on the forums much at all. that and the fact that everything has been under snow for over a month.

Have a fabulous year!

• BecR
    13 years ago

Merry Christmas and a very Happy and Healthy New Year to you Annie, and to all the cottagers!!

Becky

Sponsored
Suzan Meredith Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Ashburn's Innovative Interior Designers 2x Best of Houzz Winner