Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phylrae

Any EASY ideas for using my roses etc. in wedding gift?

phylrae
19 years ago

My husband and I grow lots of roses, as well as daisies, echinacea, lilies, sunflowers & other annuals/perennials etc.

Our daughter is planning to get married in another year or so. I hope that I will at least be able to supply the table bouquets (if not the one she carries down the aisle-if I can learn how to make them!),

but am wondering if you "crafty" people might suggest a way I could incorporate them in a long-lasting gift for years to come. I am not that great with long, drawn-out directions, so the easier the better. Also, inexpensive as possible, as I don't have a lot of money to work with.

Am I asking too much? Thanks so much! :0) Phyl (On the Rose Gallery and Rose Forum usually!)

Comments (2)

• angiebeagles
    19 years ago

Do you mean somehting like drying some of them, and making a bouquet out of dried flwoers, and getting that framed? Not really like a bouquet, more liek a picture, ya know?

THis is something i've heard of, to use the flowers out of the bouquet the bride carried.

You could always make some rose petal beads (commonly used in rosaries, but could be good for decoration as well).

Rose petal bath items? Rose petal sugar? Not that they would be long lasting, but would be really neat.

What kind of gift thing are you thinking about? Maybe tell a little bit more about what your intention is?

THe only other thing i could suggest is google something liek Rose Craft, and see what comes up.

Angie

Here is a link that might be useful: Craft-Real-Rose

• GrassIsEvil
    19 years ago

Perhaps you could clip roses for the bouquet and rosebuds for boutonnieres for the groom and the father of the bride from one of your rosebushes and then transplant the bush to the couple's new home. If the couple is going to be living in an apartment, or will be moving frequently, use a miniature rosebush that can live in a container.

Clip roses from one rosebush for the bouquet (perhaps in white), and the rosebud for the groom's boutonniere from another (perhaps red). Transplant the bushes on either side of their doorstep.

If you use roses from climbing roses, you could plant one on either side of an arched trellis at their home and have them grow together across it.

Dry the petals of your best scented roses, sew inside a sachet-sized silk pillow, and store with your daughter's wedding gown.

Make an album with a plasticine envelope containing pressed, dried petals from each of the flowers used in your daughter's wedding. Head the page with a quote about the flower, or the meaning of the flower. YOu can print these out in very pretty fonts on your computer, cut "mats" of colored cardstock, and put them under the clear covers of each page. You can also get such quotations printed on cards at bookstores. Also on the page put a picture of either just the bride, or the bride and groom together that epitomizes the quotation.

Ray

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm