Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
daynia_gw

Need suggestions for person having surgery

daynia
20 years ago

Hi,

I'm new here and thought I would present my question to all of you. I have a friend who is going in for surgery in the next week. It is serious but we think all will be ok. However she will be in the hospital for five days and recovery at home will be up to ten weeks. She will obviously be on the couch most of the time. She would like to learn a craft.

I have many supplies to teach her something, but my brain went dead when she asked if I would teach her something that she could do while lying down.

My craft is clay and she does not have confidence to do that. Plus her hands are arthritic.

I don't want to teach her something stupid and childish but something easy and something to be proud of and something rewarding that she did it herself. Something she would want to repeat.

If I do not have the right supplies I am willing to go and get them. Her interests are zilch. When I asked her what she would like to learn she replied "crafts. So here I am. I really hope I get some good responses. I can't imagine being in bed for ten weeks. Although the thought does enter my mind now and then when I get so tired I need that break. But ten weeks?????? :)

Thanks for any help and/or guidance.

daynia

Comments (7)