Return to the Garden & Flower Crafts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stepping stone pics anyone?

Posted by north40 z3 MN (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 3, 07 at 19:32

I'm wanting to make some stepping stones this spring and was wondering if anyone would share pictures of their stepping stone designs (and some helpful advice would be nice too).

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stepping stone pics anyone?

Try looking in Garden Junk and Hypertufa forums on Garden Web. They have some stepping stones and paths made. I have saved one in my clippings that someone done. I really loved it. Just click on my members page and then click on clippings and scroll down and you'll see it.
Hope you can get some ideas. And of course you'll have to post pics of the finished project.
Also maybe try a search for stepping stones or paths and see what you get on here.
Cheri

o

I just came across these stepping stones. I thought they were kinda neat and different.
Cheri

Here is a link that might be useful: fence post stepping stones

o

Awesome stepping stones. Do you mean you cast those in a mold out of concrete?
I have to admit, your walkway is wayyyy too busy. But it's still soooo nice.
If I did it I would do only two ro three leaf types, or even one, mass produced.
Does anyone have info on the molds and how to make/aquire them for such stone shapes?

o

I'll try to send you a couple photos of mine. Quilt books work great for patterns. Some of their patterns use simple designs and straight lines. You can often put a few of the blocks together and make a unique pattern of your own. This alternative can also be used to make an easier project for the beginner.
I had written several weeks back and asked about cement formulas that are highly durable and good for making stepping stones. I have seen the hypertufa, but am not keen about it. I want a basic formula, using very few ingredients. Can anybody help me? I have a bunch of stain glass already cut which I want to make into stones, however I don't want to waste my effort and money if they end up crumbling. Thanks so much! jasmineflower

o

I use a mix of Portland cement and sand. The Portland makes the mix strong. To do mosaics you can use contact paper to put the design on then put that at the bottom of your mold and pour the concrete mix over it. For a huge selection of molds look on eBay. Read the description and see how thick they are. An inch and a half or more holds up better for walking on.

o

here is mine they are easy to make with a mold.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o

angie83 where would you get the mold to make these type stepping stones---I love the way they look
Becky

o

Lowes or Homedepot has the mold for those stepping stones. We used 3 of them to make a patio. I love the look.

o

Look at another topic about stepping stones on this forum, and you can get more ideas about.

Here is a link that might be useful: Stepping stones

o

I did it the easy way...just bought the round ones from walmart and painted them to look like ladybugs :o)

~ Cat

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden & Flower Crafts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here