Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
north40_gw

Stepping stone pics anyone?

north40
17 years ago

I'm wanting to make some stepping stones this spring and was wondering if anyone would share pictures of their stepping stone designs (and some helpful advice would be nice too).

Comments (10)

• Cheri_C
    17 years ago

Try looking in Garden Junk and Hypertufa forums on Garden Web. They have some stepping stones and paths made. I have saved one in my clippings that someone done. I really loved it. Just click on my members page and then click on clippings and scroll down and you'll see it.
    Hope you can get some ideas. And of course you'll have to post pics of the finished project.
    Also maybe try a search for stepping stones or paths and see what you get on here.
    Cheri

• Cheri_C
    17 years ago

I just came across these stepping stones. I thought they were kinda neat and different.
    Cheri

Here is a link that might be useful: fence post stepping stones

• herboil
    16 years ago

Awesome stepping stones. Do you mean you cast those in a mold out of concrete?
    I have to admit, your walkway is wayyyy too busy. But it's still soooo nice.
    If I did it I would do only two ro three leaf types, or even one, mass produced.
    Does anyone have info on the molds and how to make/aquire them for such stone shapes?

• jasmineflower
    16 years ago

I'll try to send you a couple photos of mine. Quilt books work great for patterns. Some of their patterns use simple designs and straight lines. You can often put a few of the blocks together and make a unique pattern of your own. This alternative can also be used to make an easier project for the beginner.
    I had written several weeks back and asked about cement formulas that are highly durable and good for making stepping stones. I have seen the hypertufa, but am not keen about it. I want a basic formula, using very few ingredients. Can anybody help me? I have a bunch of stain glass already cut which I want to make into stones, however I don't want to waste my effort and money if they end up crumbling. Thanks so much! jasmineflower

• lynnda
    16 years ago

I use a mix of Portland cement and sand. The Portland makes the mix strong. To do mosaics you can use contact paper to put the design on then put that at the bottom of your mold and pour the concrete mix over it. For a huge selection of molds look on eBay. Read the description and see how thick they are. An inch and a half or more holds up better for walking on.

• angie83
    16 years ago

here is mine they are easy to make with a mold.
    {{gwi:2110553}}

• becky54_2007
    16 years ago

angie83 where would you get the mold to make these type stepping stones---I love the way they look
    Becky

• gretch1964
    16 years ago

Lowes or Homedepot has the mold for those stepping stones. We used 3 of them to make a patio. I love the look.

• art-prints
    16 years ago

Look at another topic about stepping stones on this forum, and you can get more ideas about.

Here is a link that might be useful: Stepping stones

• texaspuddyprint
    16 years ago

I did it the easy way...just bought the round ones from walmart and painted them to look like ladybugs :o)

~ Cat
    {{gwi:2110554}}

Sponsored