Return to the Garden & Flower Crafts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
primitive crafts

Posted by kikistreehouse 11 (primtivenest@aol.com) on
Sat, Jan 6, 07 at 21:23

Hi.I love primitives .Does any one else? Does anyone have any ideas on primitives .Ive made my own.dolls ,pillows .lights etc I have a few questions and cant find anyone else to share this hobby . I would love to see a forum on Primitives .. I know with all the talient here someone else has to love primitives too ..

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: primitive crafts

Hi kikistreehouse,
I just sent you an email. I love primitives also!!! Hope some of the sites I sent you will help.
Cheri

o

Cheri - what boards do you go to? I love Prims - I am even starting to like the Extreme Prim.

o

Iowagirl,
I do mostly Prim Mart and check out Prim and Rustic Crafts and Decorating. I see that you also told her about Prim Mart. I just love reading about what all everyone does their. There is some of the extreme prim that I like. But, I can tell you that if I bought something extreme prim my Dh would say, "I hope you didn't pay any money for that!!!" I've probably seen you on PM. I go by Country Cottage.
Cheri

o

Cheri- I am Iowagirl over at PM. My DH would say the same thing! LOL

o

There are quite a few others at the Crafts and Decorating board that like Prim, too, there just doesn't seem to be many Prim ideas posted.

I also go to the Primitive and Rustic Crafs and Decorating board that Cheri mentioned. Lots of neat ideas and wonderful talented people there!

o

are applehead dolls primitive enough?...

and when you say rustic, do you mean anything found that's old, maybe discarded but still loved and not put to it's best potential?..

I'm in...........

Becky

o

Hi ladies, I really like prim too,I bought some patterns off ebay recently. Would love to share ideas with you all.
Sue

o

I love primitives! I also love garage saling and turning trash to treasure especially for in the garden. I have been trying to find websites with new ideas. Can anyone help?
Thanks! Jackie

o

if you are looking for primitive items, check out this page www.farmhousetreasures.net

o

Farmhousetreasures, While you have some nice things, I'm not sure that this is the appropriate place to advertise. It's usually not appreciated....

o

I came across a wonderful site the other day and I am just raving about it! It's called Little House Mercantile and they have a ton of links to great prim crafters. Plus, you should see the decorating gallery.. I was drooling for sure.... http://www.littlehousemercantile.com

Prim Blessings,
Becki

o

beezy_junker
I wasn't advertising. I was posting the information that was requested "Does anyone know of any primitive Sites?"

Becki,
I love the site you suggested. I have them bookmarked.

If you are looking for primitive forums, try Country Sampler Magazine. They have a great forum and the people who post are really nice folks. They discuss trash to treasures, crafting, even primitive websites they order from.

Here is a link that might be useful: Farmhouse Treasures

o

I am new to the computer thing, but I am not new to crafts or primitives! I am so excited because I just discovered Rustic Cache. I just ordered lanterns like my I remember my grandma using! Also, I got some really cool battery candles that I can put in the windows! Check it out!

Here is a link that might be useful: Rustic Cache

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden & Flower Crafts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here