Return to the Garden & Flower Crafts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
need help finding a garden product

Posted by slatelady MD (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 31, 06 at 21:29

Hi, I'm looking for ideas to help me improve one of my crafts. I make little herb markers on slate with 6" and 12" wooden sticks to put them into the herb pots. Howerver, I'd like to use some type of coated metal rods on the 12" ones and maybe even make longer ones. I plan to drill a little hole on the top of the slate and then bend the rod like a little shepherds hook to hang the little slates. Does anybody have any idea as to where I could get coated rods?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: need help finding a garden product

Our garden club made plant name tags with small clay pots and used a piece of wire cut from clothes hangers. We just used plyers to bend into a shepherds hook. Hope you find something useful.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden & Flower Crafts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here