Return to the Garden & Flower Crafts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
garden glove craft???

Posted by gourd_friends z5/6 IL (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 16, 04 at 0:00

Hi,
I'm looking for a craft project for our Spring Expo at church. It needs to fairly simple and inexpensive, as each of the ladies attending will do this 'make it-take it', during a 40 minute session.
One of the ladies mentioned a garden glove project that has the glove stuffed, and a few packets of seed and other things decorating it. The finished product hangs on a wall. Does anyone know what this is???
Instructions or a website would be helpful.

Thanks in advance,
Jan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: garden glove craft???

Sounds like a cute idea.

I'd use a floral print garden glove, stuff fingers with polyfill. Put in seed packets, miniature garden tools & maybe a bit of spanish moss so they stick out a bit.

Decorate glove with charms, ribbons, buttons. Maybe put a ribbon loop on back for hanging. A hot glue gun could be used to put everything together.

o

Sounds easy enough. Any ideas where we could get the miniature garden tools?? Hobby Lobby, Big Lots, WalMart??
Thanks for the ideas.

Jan

o

A few years ago I made a "wreath" out of about 6 or 8 feet of hose, and tied a glove, laminated seed packets, and a few miniature tools on to it. Very cute. Time to make a new one this year! RAA

o

I do much better with visuals!! This is a metal one, but kind of gives the idea! Enjoy

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden Glove Wall Pocket

o

I have one I got at a craft show, use the lightcolored (musline type) garden gloves with the blue cuffs, write on the glove "Hands to work Hearts to God" put a wire hanger on the cuff and the glove is stuffed with silk flowers. Also, around the fingers of the gloves there were straight stitches drawn on with a pigma pen. If your interested I could prob take a pic of it with my webcam and email you
Janet....

o

here is an idea using a garden glove ... not sure if it is what you had in mind.

Here is a link that might be useful: garden glove craft

o
garden glove wall hanging

Here is another idea you might like

Here is a link that might be useful: garden glove craft

o

Thanks for all the great ideas.....I knew I could count on you!!! I will give all these cute suggestions to our project manager for her final decision.
Thanks again,

Jan

o

I have several craft books that show garden clove crafts. Cannot send book because I sell on eBay

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden & Flower Crafts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here