Return to the Garden & Flower Crafts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
May Baskets

Posted by Aurore Zone 4/5 NY (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 16, 04 at 8:46

Anyone still make May Baskets? As a kid I used to hang May baskets on the doors of my neighbors houses. I put instructions for making May baskets on my webpage.

Here is a link that might be useful: my webpage

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: May Baskets

In the 1950's we made May baskets at school, took them home and filled them with wild violets which were always blooming at that time of the year. My elderly neighbor ladies always received my May baskets with enthusiasm.

When my own children were in school in the '70's, I taught them how to make May baskets to give to their teachers. The young teachers were indifferent, but the older ones loved to receive these cheery baskets.

Even though I'm technically "over the hill", I do have some neighbors who are in their '80's and '90's. I think I'll make them a May basket. Thanks for reminding me of this endearing tradition.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden & Flower Crafts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here