Return to the Garden & Flower Crafts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Here is a denim planter with instructions...

Posted by Midnight_Sun 0a/0b (My Page) on
Sat, May 14, 05 at 10:56

I see people requesting them again on another thread so maybe this will help some of you!

Here is a link that might be useful: Denim Planter

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Here is a denim planter with instructions...

If you can not afford all the boughten stuff to stiffen your jeans this is my recipe to make blue jean planters.
4cups of water
4 cups of sugar
Cook till water is clean let cool
put into a pail and dunk your 24 months bib coverall into the pail.
Then you take plastic bags and stuff with newpaper and put into the coveralls mold the shape you want. Then you let sit untill stiff 24 hrs.
Spray with protective coating untill water proofed. usally 6 coats will do.
You can spray them with a black paint and then a gold spray paint and then rub of some to of the gold to give it anitue look.

o

That's also a great way but you have to make sure to seal it inside and out because of the sugar, it attracts bugs! Thanks for adding the homemade recipe...some people also use starch with water instead of sugar!

o

Wow, I didn't realize this would work! Is it really cheaper than buying the stuff to stiffen the jeans? Would you have to spray even more protective sealer than with the stiffener spray? I do plan on keeping mine outdoors and want to make sure they are sealed. How long has anyone kept theirs outdoors and how did it hold up?

Chey

o

Hi,
Even though a blog hasn't been posted about the blue jean planter in here for a while, it just became a semi hit here in the mountains of Pennsylvania. I have a small gift shop, and have been messing around with these for the past week, and now I have several people interested in them. I am wondering if the post about the concrete, does this make these to heavy to move around, and can you use and adhesive to make them stiff, I tried regular starch and that didn't work even after several coats. I would love input and can't wait to hear back from someone....

o
How do you make the Jeans of the Jean planter stiff?

Will elmers glue work.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden & Flower Crafts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here