Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jasmineflower_gw

Attracting and Deterring Birds

jasmineflower
16 years ago

I never have success at attracting birds to visit my concrete bird bath. Unfortunately, it is just an aesthetic garden ornament! I try to keep it clean. It's in a secure place... but have yet to encourage visitors. I have such attractive birds around my area, but I can't get up close to them... other then when they run into my glass window or build a nest by my house. Once we had a bird hit our patio window and injure itself. It was really tough watching it struggle. My husband placed it in the woods since the sweet bird couldn't fly. We figure it was too far gone to make it on its own, but we had no other choice. Does anybody have any luck at keeping birds from flying into glass? In the past we've placed a plastic owl near the window, but it had no effect. Also, we have problems with birds building their muddy nest under our porch roof. We've used bundles of foil, and even the plastic owl, but neither has worked. *I hope none of these questions have been previously addressed, but I haven't had much time to do a thorough search. Thanks for all of your advice!... I'm sorry that I'm keeping you busy.

Comments (4)

Sponsored