Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jasmineflower_gw

Clematis Wilting Disease - Help Me

jasmineflower
16 years ago

I have two dying plants. I have researched and have concluded it must be "wilting" according to the appearance of the disease. I only see the symptoms on the vine itself. The roots look healthy. I treat the plant according to normal requirements.. moisture, covered roots, protected from too much sun or heat,etc.. The first year the plants were great! Ever since then they've been sick! They're three years old! When they first emerge they grow quickly and even begin budding. All of the sudden, the entire plants die back. I see no insect damage or possible fungus. I have applied small amounts of fungicide in the past, attempting to help. Currently, I have dug around their soil. I've removed some of the mulch hoping this might slow down the progression. I'm tempted to add different topsoil. Changing their location is out of the question for me. I have no luck transplanting. I have three other clematis in different locations, and all are hearty. I understand there is no cure, but maybe these diseased ones can be put on a life support system. I appreciate everybodies input! I'm sure there are a bunch of you who enjoy the clematis plant.

Sponsored