Return to the Garden & Flower Crafts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Clematis Wilting Disease - Help Me

Posted by jasmineflower (My Page) on
Thu, May 17, 07 at 12:52

I have two dying plants. I have researched and have concluded it must be "wilting" according to the appearance of the disease. I only see the symptoms on the vine itself. The roots look healthy. I treat the plant according to normal requirements.. moisture, covered roots, protected from too much sun or heat,etc.. The first year the plants were great! Ever since then they've been sick! They're three years old! When they first emerge they grow quickly and even begin budding. All of the sudden, the entire plants die back. I see no insect damage or possible fungus. I have applied small amounts of fungicide in the past, attempting to help. Currently, I have dug around their soil. I've removed some of the mulch hoping this might slow down the progression. I'm tempted to add different topsoil. Changing their location is out of the question for me. I have no luck transplanting. I have three other clematis in different locations, and all are hearty. I understand there is no cure, but maybe these diseased ones can be put on a life support system. I appreciate everybodies input! I'm sure there are a bunch of you who enjoy the clematis plant.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Clematis Wilting Disease - Help Me

• Posted by pudge 2/3 Sask (My Page) on
    Sun, May 20, 07 at 11:08

Your question would probably get more response on the Clematis forum.

Here is a link that might be useful: GW Clematis Forum

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden & Flower Crafts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here