Return to the Garden & Flower Crafts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
'yard maniquins'

Posted by Vangy SW Mi (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 25, 05 at 8:16

Does any one have directions foo making "yard maniquins" (hope this is the right word) They cost upwards of $100 in the bigger greenhouses & places that sell water fountains and such. Beyond my budget.

VangY plays in the dirt too.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'yard maniquins'

Vang Y-I made one last year.I used an old styrofoam wig head and painted a face on it,added an old wig and straw hat.I stuck a long piece of PVC pipe in the hole in the bottom and glued it with silicone and pushed it into the ground behind an old chair so that the head rested even with the back of the chair..I took an old T-shirt and pulled it over the back of the chair and secured the neck to the "neck" of the styrofoam head with a rubber band.I then stuffed the shirt with some old plastic bags to give it some body and secured the bottom and sleeves with rubber bands.I then took an old long sleeved dress and pulled it over the back of the chair and the T-shirt and let the skirt drape over the seat of the chair as if the "lady" was sitting.I stuffed the arms of the dress with more plastic bags and secured the sleeves with rubber bands.I added a pair of white cotton gloves stuffed with plastic bags for hands and secured them to the arms of the dress with rubber bands.Add some pretty jewelry Or maybe even an umbrella and you have a cute garden lady.I sat a pot of flowers in her lap and arranged the hands as though she was holding the pot and secured a couple of the fingers of the gloves with rubber bands to keep them in place.Arms,and even legs could also be made by stuffing old panty hose legs with plastic bags.I must re-do my little lady as her dress is quite faded and the brim of her hat has come apart and is now a collar for her dress!LOL I hope this helps..........Lillie

o

Super easy to make. Took me exactly 45 minutes from beginning to end.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

o

call_me_red, Can you give us instructions on how? (wow, 45 minutes!)

o

Why can't I see your pics?

o

Could you give me the instructions for making yard maniquins in 45 minutes. Plus, I'm unable to view the pictures you posted. Could you post them another way?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden & Flower Crafts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here