Return to the Garden & Flower Crafts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
lemony ideas?

Posted by audmendousg z7 central TX (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 8, 04 at 0:20

Hello. I'm hosting a ladies' group this month. The topic is "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade." Does anyone have any simple ideas for table decorations? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: lemony ideas?

My daughter makes a beautiful ice wreath that floats in the punch bowl. In a bundt pan (or something similar) pour a little lemonade then neatly place slices of lemon, lime, and orange. Add a few strawberries and blueberries for color. Freeze it. Add another layer of lemonade then lay more slices of fruit. More lemonade... more fruit... till the bundt pan is 3/4 full. Freeze it and then float it rounded side up in the punch bowl. It's really pretty and as it melts it doesn't dilute the lemonade.

o

I have seen lemon 'trees' use a large cone of green foam and with tooth picks poke in small lemons to make a lemon tree I would stick a few silk leaves in too.

o

You can also peel the lemon rinds off in a long spiral and dangle them from the ceiling of place the curled rinds around the table settings too...

I wish I could remember there is a lovely free pattern crochet site that has lemon recipes including using lemon balm.

o

I made the following carbonated lemonade at my garden club and it got rave reviews.... 4 cups cranberry juice, one can thawed lemonade and one litre of seltzer or club soda. Add ice and slices of oranges. We made three batches of this and it took care of about 40 women.

o

Arbor... that sounds soooo good!

o

lemon ginger is also a nice lemon drink...... lemon juice and sugar syrup with selzter and a little ginger syrup..... from say candied ginger....... You could put tiny bouquets inside coured out lemons all around the table...... and put candles in cored out lemons........ You could also simply pin or toothpick lemons and orange and some flowers and foliage to a sytrofoam material...... a pyramid or a round....... you can buy these at craft stores........ :) Be sure to bake a lemon tea cake..... and maybe if you give out favors you could give out tiny pots of lemon thyme...... or lemon verbena......

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden & Flower Crafts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here