Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hookeelao

tiny glass bottles

hookilau
17 years ago

I have access to several types of small glass bottles/large vials just like the one pictured at the link posted below.

For the life of me I can't think of anything I can do with them, any suggestions?

Here is a link that might be useful: glass vial

Comments (7)

• CrazyDaisy_68
    17 years ago

I've seen a hummingbird feeder made with insulin bottles (assuming these are about the same size???). Apparently the little "spigot" thingy fits right in the opening. The one that I saw was made with copper wire and some beads (and sea glass ?) and hung from a tree. It was really cute.

These could look really cute in a little row with some pansies or other small flowers. Maybe they could be attacheded together with wire and beads. How about making it so it could hang on a wall or a door? Attached to a wreath and replace water/flowers as needed? (replace water with a dropper maybe? pretty small to use a watering can for that!)

Use for seed storage somehow?

That's about all the ideas I could think of!

Hope this helps!

Ang

• chloedaven
    17 years ago

I use little bottles like this to store different seeds. I'm able to print out labels on one of those "label making machines(for lack of a better description)" This works great and they look good in spice racks.
    Happy Gardening,

• PRO
    Lavoie Boho
    17 years ago

I line up small bottles on my kitchen windowsill over the sink, filled with fresh flowers from the garden at all times of the year. They are good for rooting small cuttings in water like Mint, Chicken Gizzard plant, Wandering Jew. I like colored glass... brown glass vanilla bottles and sample liquor drink bottles come in some colors. Yours would be nice if you painted them with glass paint to give em some pazzazz! Each one could be a different color or even 2 colors swirled together. I paint glass all the time using the Gallery Glass paint line. You could also tie a pretty ribbon around the top of each one to give small bouquets as gifts, or to set on the table during a fancy tea (see my photo), or for a dinner party placing one at each setting with herbs and flowers in it, fresh from the garden.

Here is a link that might be useful: my tea table

• nancyjeanmc
    17 years ago

You could attach some with wire around their necks, to a wreath or even a section of lattice and change out their contents by the season. Pretty flowers, or autumn leaves, or evergreens at Christmas time. Little red heart balloons would be cute around Valentines day. A bit kitchy, I know, but it could be fun.

• beekudzu
    17 years ago

I am a nurse and a long time ago, we would take these little bottles after we emptied them, clean them really well, fill them with bits of sand and really small shells, put the stopped back in and attach a cord to them to wear the "beach around our neck". I can't remember how we attached the cord but if your bottles are small enough, I bet you could figure a way.

• BetsyBr
    17 years ago

They might be perfect for dollhouse shops? Filled with mini balls of colored Fimo clay they would be adorable.

• linje
    15 years ago

Another great idea for these small bottles is to put tiny pieces of sea glass into them. You could fill the whole bottle up with them or put some sand and a few pieces in the bottle or use with sand, sea glass, and shells. As mentioned above, some even have used glass vials and made pendants out of them.

They're great for displaying on window sills with the light coming through them. It really wouldn't matter the size of the bottles you have; all would be great with the light shining through them.

If you take a look at our website on the sea glass crafts page, it will give you an idea of how it looks.

linje

Here is a link that might be useful: sea glass crafts

Sponsored
J.E.S. Home Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Loudoun County's Full-Scale Construction Firm