Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
denisecw_gw

Daisies in arrangements

denisecw
10 years ago

I am having a terrible time cutting daisies for fresh flower arrangements. I have tried cutting at different times of day, cutting long stems and short stems, putting immediately into warm water, soaking in water over night before arranging, cutting the tips of their stems before arranging, using store-bought flower preservative and making my own. The daisies always look wonderful the morning I begin to arrange them, but the instant I take them from the water, they go limp about an inch or two from the base of the flower. Sometimes that portion of the stem is black. At present, I have a bouquet of daisies (dendranthemums) I cut over a week ago and put in water with preservative from a florist. They look as good as they did the day I cut them. I have several vases of daisies I cut just three days ago and arranged two days ago with a preservative recipe I made up myself. All the daisy stems have turned black and the stems are bent sharply about two inches from the base of the flower. In one vase, oddly, the flowers still look wonderful, perky and petals stiff. But upside down. What am I doing wrong?

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Native Plant Scapes
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
Your Friendly Native Plant Landscape Designers in Loudoun County