Return to the Garden & Flower Crafts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
garden green man

Posted by greendale63 WI SEz5 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 9, 05 at 15:40

While walking on our village's garden gazing tour..I came across this 'garden green man' one of the homeowners had made...looked to be at least 6' tall, it had an actual face(from a mask I think), arms and legs from burlap, lots of different colored gardening gloves used for a "vest" and moss for hair and beard..it was so neat! and a great addition to her garden. She just had it leaning up against her tree...so I thought that I would check to see if anyone else had ever seen/or made one as I'm going to see what I can come up with....could even decorate him for the seasons...hm-m-m-m the possibilities are endless...and now another project to take on....not enough hours in the day, nor dollars in the pocket!! thanks....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: garden green man

Can you take a photo of it and post it? It sounds so neat. Monica

o

sorry Monica, it was on private property...I think they have laws against that..lol...but I searched on the web and I couldn't come up with anything that day...will have to spend a bit more time...if you find anything let me know!

o

I'm usually not active on this site but I am wondering why greendale thinks it is against the law to take a picture of something. Really shouldn't be and the lady would probably be pleased if you did. Maybe you could stop and ask if it wouldn't be o.k. if you have doubts. I'm sure most gardener's would be flattered to know how much you admired her project. O.K.........I'll be quiet !

o

Greendale, I have a garden lady That stands about 5 feet tall. Her name is Gertie.. Sadly my hubby threw the body away when he was cleaning out the garage. She holds a tall stake with a birdhouse attached. In her other hand you can place what you want. I have used garden gloves and a watering can.. She is adorable..

Sooner or later I will get another body made and get her back up. I was in a garden tour a few years ago and she was a huge hit.. Really easy to make..

Susie

o

Suzie. Please tell us how to start!! What was her body made of?? Would a couple of tomato cages wired together work? That would give her a bit of a waistline!, then wire formed for the head, rebar for the legs...I am going to have all my honey's scrap metal in the shed all used up if I try this!! lol!!
Janet

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden & Flower Crafts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here