Return to the Garden & Flower Crafts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone Into Macrame???

Posted by tropicalfreak z10b Hollywood (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 7, 06 at 17:18

curious if anyone can recommend books and videos for learning how to macrame?
thanks,cliff

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone Into Macrame???

My daughter just got a kit for making friendship bracelets and I quickly realized that the stitches were actually macrame stitches! It came with a really nice booklet that had lots and lots of easy to follow patterns in it.

o

I have a lot of experience, but I havent done it in years. I got books at the library and made planter hangers, belts and wall hangings in the 1970's. I could do it from memory. Any Q's? Most of it can be done using square knots. Willie Nelson has a guitar strap that is made from half-hitches using red white and blue cord. I have always admired it and plan to copy it. Robin in NC

o

This is slightly off the subject, but I am having a difficult time finding a pattern I need and posted this in the hopes someone would know -

would anyone know where I might find a macrema pattern to hang a basket off a walker? There is a center bar horizontal, that is a perfect starting point.

I can't find a pattern searching macrame, then thought maybe someone knows of an organization that might have patterns like that.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Melissa

o

Tropicalfreak, Did you ever find out what you wanted to know?
Here is an awesome site! http://www.free-macrame-patterns.com/learn-macrame.html Just copy & paste. :)
Gosh I just realized this was from 2006!!! I am getting back into macrame & I'm starting with a lawn chair. Then I want to make a purse and a 3 section room divider. My mom gave me a metal frame & it's just waiting for something to be done to it, this winter.

o

hello all.....I'm not into macrame...but a lady in my town redoes lawn chairs by macrame and instead of using the normal macrame cord she uses bailing twine, the kind used to put around bales of hay. It is very attract and last very well if left outdoors as it is a type of nylon. I have had her do many for me and my guestes never knows it's bailing twine until I tell them

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden & Flower Crafts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here