Return to the Garden & Flower Crafts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What Kind Of Wheat Should I Use To Make Wreaths?

Posted by just_me_6 WV 6 -Tri State: Ohi (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 29, 08 at 20:53

I'm thinking of growing a small patch of wheat to use for wreaths but I don't know what kind of wheat would be the best to use. Can anyone recommend a good variety that would make the prettiest wreaths?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What Kind Of Wheat Should I Use To Make Wreaths?

Hi. It depends on what kind of wheat you're looking for-a typical all-yellow variety, or one with dark awns. Johnny's Selected Seeds carries a variety called Silver Tip-they say it had the largest heads of the vars. they tested. They also carry a Black Tip, which has regular heads, but black awns. The dark-tipped wheat is my favorite for fall decorating, especially sheaves. Pinetree Seeds also carries some wheat varieties. If you don't have time to grow it this season, I've gotten excellent wheat from DriedFlowersRus. com.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden & Flower Crafts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here