Return to the Garden & Flower Crafts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Crafting with gourds anyone?

Posted by rodent z5 SE Iowa (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 6, 10 at 23:15

This year my daughter, son and I have planted 14 different types of gourds. I cant wait till next year when they will be ready for crafting. They think I'm obessed cause I check on them everyday. I know it wont make them grow any faster LOL. I was wondering if anyone else does crafting with gourds or decorates gourds. And if so what do you make with them. We make Hot Air Balloons, Birdhouse, Bird feeders. Next year we're going try our hands at making lamps.

Trina

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Crafting with gourds anyone?

You do not have to wait till next year to use them. I will dry some in my oven on low for a few hours/days depending on the size of the gourd.
I make all kinds of things with mine. This year I did bowels out of some for the boys in the family. Did the rims with dried pine needles that were braided, some in pine cone petels, some with leather strips around them.
We love to make piggy banks out of them too.
We try different things with them all the time.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden & Flower Crafts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here