Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindy_b

pop bottle butterflly pic

Lindy_B
21 years ago

I made several butterflies from pop bottles. Here are a couple pics. They make cute gifts . welcome any comments and I can give you directions if you wish or don't already have this idea. www.picturetrail.com member album name is awindygirl. just type that in and it should take you there.

Comments (69)

• poorgirl5
    21 years ago

I would love the pattern as well.
    Thanks a bunch,
    Anna

• Monique_CA
    21 years ago

Me too! Me too!
    Lindy, I would love the pattern too.
    watergeographer@yahoo.com
    Thank you much! :)

• littlejm
    21 years ago

could you please email me the plan for the butterflies too

• Ginya_Georgia
    21 years ago

I tired requesting the instructions through an email, but it came back. Now I'm back posting my request, would you please send me the instructions for the pop bottle butterfly? Thanks

• pattico_gw
    21 years ago

Is there anyplace where there is still a picture????
    I'd love to see it....

patti

• Jackie_78076
    21 years ago

I would love the instructions for the butterfly.
    Please e-mail me at: www.radicanj@hotmail.com
    THANK YOU
    JACKIE

• ggks
    21 years ago

I would love the pattern, too.
    ghertel@pld.com

• auditeez
    21 years ago

could i also have a copy of your pattern LINDY
    auduteez@granite.mb.ca lo

• WendysCritters
    21 years ago

Another request for pattern--THANKS

wendyscritters@attbi.com

• garden_dreamer
    21 years ago

Lindy_B I would love to see the pics and receive the instructions also!! I think they might just be perfect for my little fantasy retreat garden. Thanks, garden_dreamer

• Lil_Buckin_Farm
    21 years ago

I like butterflies and curiousity has me, but I cannot get the link to work on the picture (says it has expired) so if any of you ladies would care to share the instuctions and pics of the original or what yall made please do!

Thanks,
    Crissie ( lil_buckin_farm@hotmail.com )

• grubbyhands_ID
    21 years ago

I like butterflies and curiousity has me, but I cannot get the link to work on the picture (says it has expired). Is there anyplace where there is still a picture????
    Can you please send me the pattern?
    Thank you!
    Hensonsnow@aol.com

• ladeebug
    21 years ago

Please!!!!! could I have the instructions and a picture of the butterfly. I too tried the link and got the expired notice. Thanks, Marcia ambrosiapink@hotmail.com

• charityoh
    21 years ago

Hop Im not to late this would be a great craft for kids at camp--send me the pattern please

• addictedtocrafts
    21 years ago

Hi, I am also interested in a picture and directions. TIA - Kim

• tonylyn
    21 years ago

Please someone think of me when you are emailing the instructions. This would be a fun project for the kids when we are at the cottage this summer.

Ladyfarrington@hotmail.com

Thanks a bunch

• Ladonna43
    20 years ago

Could I please have a copy of the picture and pattern too, if Im not to late? Thank you.

• bayouclassiclady
    20 years ago

I would love to see the butterflies but i cant get it to let me go to your album.. i am new to this computer stuff so i might be doing it wrong

• Eileen313
    20 years ago

I have the same problem as the previous lady. Any help would be appreciated.
    Your butterflies sound great, can I be cheeky and ask for the pattern also?

• diggity
    20 years ago

Hi Lindy, uh can I pleeeeezzzzz have the pattern too???? Pleeeezzzzzz???? I can't get the picture to come up either, but I think these are the ones I've seen before. I'd still like to see yours though. Thanks a bunch. rngwalsh@bellsouth.net

• porscheracer
    20 years ago

Lindy, I would also love a pattern, and would like to see the pix that used to be posted at www.picturetrail.com

Thanks,
    Susie
    sandtatlee@earthlink.net

• tonyajb5253
    20 years ago

I am new to this site and just found this message. If I am not too late, could I get a pic and instructions for the butterflies? Thankyou in advance..

Tonya
    tjb5253@comcast.net

• Eileen313
    20 years ago

I forgot to give my e-mail address when requesting the butterfly instructions. Hope I am not too late for this - I would love to make one or two for the summer garden.

Thank you so much.
    mansefield@lineone.net

• runtel
    20 years ago

Just found this. I would love to have the pattern also.
    Thank you, runtel
    runtel@peoplepc.com

• carmybaby
    20 years ago

I would also love a pattern for those butterflies. Thank you so much. bobcarm@hotmail.com

• MyFlowerChild
    20 years ago

Could you Pleeaase send me the pattern too?
    Thanks!
    Marthag@iserv.net

• delschwenke
    20 years ago

Please send me the butterfly pattern. Thanks. email me at
    delschwenke@yahoo.com Thanks

• whtros
    20 years ago

I am new here and don't know how to see the picture.
    Thanx for your help, Barbara.

• Gail_CentralPA
    20 years ago

Lindy...the pic won't come up anymore on picture trail, but the butterflys sound like a cute project for my GD and me. If you still have the instructions and the time, would you send them to me please? Thanks, Gail
    popshop@ptd.net

• decca
    20 years ago

Hi from the Philippines. I'm new at the gardenweb, and like the others saw that the site has expired. I'm fond of butterflies, and would be happy to see the pictures and get the instructions of how to make them.

You know, I was able to buy a butterfly puncher. I punch butterflies from my skeletonized dyed leaves and glue them to cards and frames. My friends love them. But please, Lindy, I'd be glad to make pop butterflies, too.

• Confederate_Rose
    20 years ago

Hello Lindy..I would really like to see and have the instructions to the butterflies made from the plastic bottles please..My email is roxie@netdoor.com Thanks so much!!

• lou710
    20 years ago

i hope its not to late to ask for the pattern also..lu710@aol.com thank you!!

• taximom_CO
    20 years ago

My aunt make these butterflies. She saves clear and green pop bottles, cleans them well, then cuts the flat middle part out. She ends up with a rectangle that wants to curl up. She takes an outline drawing of a butterfly (or hummingbird, stained glass window...) and staples it to a scrap piece of corrugated cardboard. On top of this, she staples a piece of the pop bottle plastic (be sure to staple outside the design area). Then she takes dimensional paint and traces the outlines. After that dries, she paints the area inside the lines with a kind of translucent paint that gives a stained glass effect, can't remember what it is called. After it is completely dry, she removes the staples and carefully cuts out the butterfly (the purpose of the cardboard is to keep the plastic from curling up while you are trying to paint). The next step is to carefully fold the butterfly along the center. This gives two distinct, graceful wings. I believe she applies the stamen/antennae with E6000, but maybe she embeds them in the outline paint.
    She applies a suction cup to the back with E6000. Hope this helps.

• angelabove
    19 years ago

Hi!
    Would you please send me the pictures and patterns for the butterflys please i would be so grateful.
    hugs
    angelabove

• Lauren Clear
    19 years ago

I would love to see the pictures and have the pattern. Thanks.

• DorisB
    19 years ago

Hi,

could you please send me the pattern also?

Ditzycatz1@aol.com

THANKS DORIS

• gram3167
    19 years ago

I would love to make these butterfly's with my grandchildren this summer. what a fun project. Would really appreciate the patterns. Thanks.

• Vallari
    19 years ago

May I please have a copy of the pattern too? I love flutterbyes and raise them from cats. My email is shaloamgiver@excite.com I bet you never thought you'd get so many requests huh? It's been what 2yrs? Happy Gardening!

• pjhege
    19 years ago

Please, please please may I have the directions also...Thanks Peggy
    pjhege@bellsouth.net

• marie009
    19 years ago

Hi. I'm new to this forum. Just tried to see your pics, but they're no longer available. They sound precious! Can I get instructions? DrAndrews009@msn.com Thanx.

• TropicalNuts
    19 years ago

May I please have any patterns and instructions you have available...........My email address is ladams74@comcast.net

Thanks

• Lillie1441
    19 years ago

I cut up some bottles last night in hopes of making some butterflies because they looked really neat.The bottles curled up into a tight cylinder and there is no way they will lay flat to paint on,much less be flat when done.Are there different weights of plastic used in the bottles,or am I just not doing something right?I flattened the plastic out on a heavy piece of cork,pinned the corners and the pins just popped right out and the plastic rolled right back up into a cylinder!LOL How do you get them to keep from curling up after they are painted and cut out?
    Thanks...............Lillie

• sassier
    17 years ago

I also would love to have the pattern for the butterfly from pop bottles. I am a campground host and I decorate the trees around my 5th wheel

• jiimni
    17 years ago

Ok I know this thread is about 3 years old but it sound exciting. Would love to see pictures and have instructions. Thanks Judy Jimni0214@sbcglobal.net

• tsteffes
    17 years ago

I am interested too, in seeing pictures, having directions, etc.

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    17 years ago

Hmmm - this post caught my eye - so I went to GoogleImage & typed in 'pop bottle butterfly' & look what I found....?

Gotta love Googleimage = )

Here is a link that might be useful: Art Lesson - butterflies

• doedoe2
    16 years ago

I am new to the board also and just saw this
    about pop bottle butterfly's Would love to get the instructions-picture & patterns too Please and Thank you very much. emhunt@aol.com

• crazyone
    13 years ago

here is the info

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:2110642}}

Sponsored