Return to the Garden & Flower Crafts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Crayons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by dinajean upstate SC - Z7 (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 3, 07 at 17:32

Hi... I have been away from doing crafts for 4 years due to my job and being on the road. Just got together all my boxes out of storage and need some ideas. I was saving crayons from different jobs. Broken, paper torn off, a mess. I WAS going to make new crayons when I worked at the daycare, but that never happened. So now, a new state, a new home, and need help. I have a whole big tupperware container of messed up crayons.....Any ideas what I can do with them??
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!!!!!!
I also have some whole ones still intact...I always thought I wanted to do some sort of framed art in a white frame. Like spell YELLOW out with yellow crayons, and add some yellow flowers, or ducks, or whatever. What do you think of that?? One for each color. Would look cool in a kids room?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Crayons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a great idea.

You can melt the crayons down in a double boiler (by color) and make new crayons with candy molds. You can do leaves, flowers, hearts, stars, whatever! Make new, shaped crayons!

Im on the hunt for broken/old crayons so that I can do the same for my children at school!

o

If you live nearby me , Alieliza, you can come get the tupperware of broken ones to melt down.

o

I would love to!!! But Im in NY! Thank you for the offer, though.

o

Old crayons are great when making colored candles or to color wax for dipping pinecoes in for firestarters.

o

We used to use them by melting them and then dribbling them on wine bottles and then use the bottles to hold candles.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden & Flower Crafts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here