Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sujiwan_gw

After School Garden Club--craft ideas 1st to 5th grade?

This will be my second year of volunteerism for a Jr. Garden Club at a local elementary school that is sponsored by our National Garden Club. We only have an hour to complete a project--less 10 minute snack time. The 12 kids range from 1st graders up to 5th, though most are in between, predominately girls. The fall session starts at the end of September and runs for 6 weeks.

There is no true garden space to plant in outside planting fall pansies at the entrance way. What I'm looking for is as many ideas as I can find that allow an item to take home-completed in that 1 hour space. Ideally, I'd like to have the kids busy the whole time since some get a little wild otherwise!

What kind of things have you done with this age range that might work? (I've been combing the library for books and haunting the internet to get ready cuz I'm not really creatively inspired when it comes to thinking up "learning crafts".)

Thanks for any ideas you can throw my way. I have a month to prepare and buy supplies, etc.

Comments (2)

Sponsored