Return to the Garden & Flower Crafts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Roosters from feathers and felt

Posted by msponddreller Z5 Pacific,Mo. (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 7, 05 at 0:03

My sister and I use to make these about 30 years ago. But for the life of me I can't seem to remember how to make them. I have googled and searched till I'm blue in the face..LOL and i'm having no luck finding anything on them. We use to make them then put magnets on the back. Does anyone remember these? Can you help me find the directions please.

Mary

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Roosters from feathers and felt

• Posted by dian57 M-H Valley NY-5 (My Page) on
    Fri, Sep 16, 05 at 4:02

I don't know about the roosters you are referring to, but just the other day I was browsing around Michael's. They had a beautiful centerpiece displayed in the front window. It was a large wicker basket filled with autumn flowes and foliage and a big rooster made of feathers.

I haven't seen one in any other store. I hope someone answers your question, the technique may be adaptable to a larger project.

o
RE: Roosters from feathers and felt

• Posted by Josh z8a AL (My Page) on
    Thu, Sep 29, 05 at 3:06

Hi Mary, found one Chinese company which has lots of feather products...chickens too. You may want to browse and see if you recognize your project. Might help you figure out how to copy it.

I have a treasured heirloom picturing two feisty roosters squaring off for a barnyard fight which is partly inkdrawn and partly feathers...very small, only about 4" by 10". Very realistic and you can appreciate the time and effort put into it by the Illinois farmwife back around 1930 ... I often wonder if she made them for sale during the depression.

Good luck with your quest...sounds like a fun project. josh

Here is a link that might be useful: feather crafts

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden & Flower Crafts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here