Return to the Garden & Flower Crafts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
terra cotta paint for plastic?

Posted by merryd (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 25, 05 at 16:21

I have some long plastic planters with drip trays that I'd like to paint a terra cotta color. Krylon doesn't have that in their Fusion line and wondered if there is another brand that does. I really don't want white and don't know if any other Fusion color wouldn't look plastic. I'd like the blue if it would end up looking like glazed pottery. The pots are smooth and now a light pinkish mushroom/taupe that doesn't look good against the very light yellowish beige of the house.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: terra cotta paint for plastic?

Check to see if Kilz ( i think thats how its spelled) works on plastic. It works on alot of stuff. If it does use it as a primer and then cover it with acrylic paint.

o
RE: terra cotta paint for plastic?

American Traditions makes a terra cotta color. I got mine at one of the big box stores. Hope this info hasn't come too late.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden & Flower Crafts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here