Return to the Garden & Flower Crafts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do you sell your leaf castings ?

Posted by Toomuchglass 53172 (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 14, 04 at 18:27

I'm only asking because my friend that owns a stained glass store bought some leaves that were casted by someone .... she has a rhubarb leave and another smaller one ( I don't know what it is ) She did a good job on casting -- but it's plain old cement - no coloring ... and she paid the lady $45 a piece for them -- and is selling them
for $90 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(personally -- my own opinion --- that's wayyy too much . I hope I am not offending anybody )
If you sold yours - what would you price them at ????

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do you sell your leaf castings ?

I came here to this site in search of some information on Glycerine Soap, solid and liquid form, and this was the first message listed at the moment so I thought I would respond before moving on....
Im with you on the cost$$$$$ Way to much! I have been making these for a couple of years now and have received so many compliments on my walkway that my sister and I have decided that as of next year we will be selling these leaf castings at our sale. She did a beautifull walkway this year made up of Hosta Leaves and Elephant Ears. And we have about 150-200 leaves that are ready to be painted over the winter monthes. Not all will be painted however as we do know that some folk's do like the plain cement look. We will be priceing our's at about $10.00 to $20.00 as the leaves are in various sizes. The largest being the many varieties of Elephant Ears that we casted. Yes it is alot of hardwork mixing that cement and the process of making them is somewhat time consuming, but the cost to make them is almost nothing. And even if we included our labor in the cost of making these it would come no where near $45.00. Hope this helps! ~Liz~

o

I have easily sold my fig, brugmansia, clary sage, and hosta leaf castings for anywher from $20 to $45 depending on the size. There is no way I or anyone I know that would pay $90 for cast leaves unless they were absolutely huge and looked like the ones made by Smith and Little.

o

what are leaf castings?

o

clairdo2, hop on over to the Hypertufa forum and search for 'leaf casting', you'll be lead to several links that have photos in them.
Seeing them is the best way to get an appreciation of these marvelous creations!

-GardenChicken

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden & Flower Crafts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here