Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ladonna43

Hope this works! Blue Jean Planter

Ladonna43
21 years ago

{{gwi:2110661}} This is my little blue jean planter I made.

Comments (30)

• marysed
    21 years ago

Could you please help me????????
    I have a couple pair of my son's overalls from when he was 2. I want to do this. But I cann't find out what to put on them to make them hard? I sprayed them with the fabric stifner to get there shape. I asked the people at hobby lobby but they had no idea what to use.Yours turned out so cute!

• Ladonna43
    Original Author
    21 years ago

Thank you. I have made several of them now. They are a lil on the messy side, but well worth it. If you email me, I will be more than happy to help you out. I sent you a message, but not sure if you got it or not.

• kathi_mdgd
    21 years ago

Hi Ladonna,could you please send me the directions for that blue jean planter as well.Thanks.
    Kathi
    Kathidav114@cox.net

• Ladonna43
    Original Author
    21 years ago

Check you email, if you dont get it, email me again.

• barbs21
    21 years ago

That is so cute ;-)

Could you please send me the directions too.

Barb

• dimples
    21 years ago

directions to me too please, thanks dimples

• moretz
    21 years ago

please send me the directions please i would love to do this with my 8 year olds jeans thanks for sharing moretz

• Ladonna43
    Original Author
    21 years ago

Hello, I think everyone who has requested instructions I have sent them to ya, if you havent received them, let me know and I would be more than happy to send them to you.

• notagreenthumb
    21 years ago

How precious! Please send me instructions, too!
    Thanks, Judi
    judi298@aol.com

• jen30
    21 years ago

Could you send me the directions also. They look really cool.

• khoffman19
    21 years ago

Me too!
    khoffman19@msn.com

Thanks,
    Kathy

• carlean_mawmaw
    21 years ago

would love directions for these thanks

• jacee24817
    21 years ago

Adorable! Please share the instructions with me. Thanks!

• loveplants
    21 years ago

me 2 please

• doris836
    21 years ago

Please send me the instructions 2 please. Thanks Doris

• pamspond
    21 years ago

I'd love to have the directions if you have aminute to spend to send them again..lol
    Thanks,
    Pam

• Dtkaty
    21 years ago

Please & thanks in advance for instructions!

• BEVBEE
    21 years ago

ME TOO,
    Although I think you ought to just post them here.....
    Bev

• debilynb
    21 years ago

I hate to add to your growing list, but could you possibly send the instructions to me, also? Thanks so much in advance. God bless you!!

• Ladonna43
    Original Author
    21 years ago

First of all, I bought a gallon of elmers glue from my local lumber yard
    ( this makes several pairs of lil planters). I got a bucket, and turned my
    jeans inside out, and poured some glue on them, then turned them right side,
    and did the same thing to that side. I made sure they were fairly
    saturated. I stuffed the legs with plastic sacks, not too full though, just
    to make it look like a lil kid is wearing them. ( you can also use tin foil
    inside) Once these were nearly dried, I attatched the tennis shoes to the
    bottoms of the jeans. If there cloth ones they seem to work better, or stay
    attatched better. I also saturate the lil shoes with the glue too. After
    all this is done, and they are dry, then I take polyurathane, and apply it
    with a sponge brush, to the inside, and also to the outside. I do this
    about 3 times, letting each coat dry.
    The first pair I did, i did those steps and someone had said to use resin on
    them ( which is very expensive) so I did, and my other ones are just as
    strong, as the one I did with resin, so now I just use the polyurathane.
    I prefer using, no bigger than a 18 months on my
    planters. The longer the legs of the jeans are, the harder they seem to be
    to balance.

• segel10
    21 years ago

I finally scrolled down far enough to find the instructions. Thanks!!

Karen

• cajunmist
    21 years ago

That is so cute... my brother bought me one from alabama and I loved it ... It seems to be coated inside with something black... I thought maybe it was the stuff they use on bedliners for a truck not sure though .... wish i knew how to insert a picture I would send one...

Cajunmist

• Brenda_in_FL
    20 years ago

This is an old post but I just wanted to say how cute! I don't have any little ones so I am going to hit the thrift stores and try and find some little jeans and sneakers!
    I have a few questions. Have you tried overalls too?
    Once you stuff the legs with the bags or foil do you remove these after it dries? Are your plants in pots and then set down into the jeans or do you just stuff them with potting soil and plant? How do they handle the water drainage when you water?
    Thanks,
    Brenda

• Gran_NH_5
    20 years ago

Hi all,

I know, I know, this is a very old post....

Question: How do you attatch the shoes to the jeans?

Do you put weights in them or something to keep the jeans from falling over?

It can't go outdoors can it?

Don't anybody say "not by itself"

• eaglemama
    20 years ago

ROFLMAOASTC.........

look both ways when crossing the street!

• Ladonna43
    Original Author
    20 years ago

This pair of jeans I did isnt water proof, i just use a silk plant in them, but I did make some, that, I put the bedliner black stuff in. I got it fromt the local GM Dealer here, and its water proof. You need to make sure, that you coat them really good though. I think I used like 2 cans of the bedliner stuff. I attatched the shoes, with silicone for my outdoor ones, and also before putting them, on put gravel rock in the lil tennis shoes, and put silicone on top of that, it works really well to balance, and also keeps them from blowin away in the KS. winds.
    Hope this helps awnser your questions. If not you can email me.

• Gran_NH_5
    20 years ago

Thanks so much!

• Ladonna43
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Your very welcome! :)

• luvmydaisies
    20 years ago

Denim Overalls Container

Supplies:
    Pair of Toddler-size Overalls (about 18 Months)
    8 oz. Bottle of Fabric Stiffener (Stiffy by Plaid)
    8 oz. Box of High Gloss Coating by Aristocrat
    50ft. Roll of Heavy Duty Foil
    Dust Mask
    Paint Brush
    Instructions:

Roll up pants a couple of times Then using the foil, crumpled up in loose balls, stuff into both legs loosely, as well as body cavity and shoulder area. The overalls should now stand up on their own. If they donÂt, rebalance the foil. The idea of stuffing with foil is to give shape and form, as if a child were in them. Do not make a solid body.
    Cover work area with foil or plastic. Then, with fabric stiffener, cover entire surface of overalls, making sure fabric is well saturated. This will need to dry for 24 hours.
    Once fabric stiffener is dry and cured, carefully remove all foil from inside of overalls.
    You are now ready to use the 2-part hardener. This should be done in a garage or well-ventilated area. Also a dust mask should be used during mixing as well as application. Follow mixing instructions carefully. Resin should be mixed in a glass or plastic container only. Cover work area with foil. Using a brush, apply resin to the overalls starting at the top. Do not apply resin too thick, as it will run. Remember to get inside any creases or overlap areas. Inside does not need to be coated. Once done, let resin dry for at least 24 hours. Discard excess resin only after resin has hardened. You now have a beautiful, long lasting container in which you can use as a holder for greenery or as a vase for fresh or silk floral arrangements.

Back to Spring Projects

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

© Copyright 2003, Tall Mouse Arts & Crafts, Inc. All Rights Reserved Worldwide.
    About Us : Jobs : Mailing List : Site Map : Privacy : Online Purchase Policy : Message Board : Contact Us

• luvmydaisies
    20 years ago

I found this at tallmouse.com and typed in Denim Overalls Container. It has a photo posted there of the completed project.

Sponsored
HEMAX Construction Services & Landscaping, LLC
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Landscape Contractors Servicing VA