Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tennessee_gw

?making leaves for Christmas tree

Tennessee
20 years ago

This past weekend I saw a Christmas tree decorated with pinecones and leaves. It was beautiful. The pinecones and leaves were not natural and were very expensive. Does anyone have any suggestions on a way to make the leaves. I bought two leaf forms (cookie cutter). The leaves on the tree I saw were from materials that were gold etc. I thought I could just spray the pinecones but don't know about the leaves. Thanks for any suggestions.

Comments (2)

• Amy_in_BCS
    20 years ago

You could use the cookie cutters to cut a thin layer of clay or polymer clay into the shape of a leaf. Make indentations for the veins, attach a hanger, and then bake the clay according to the directions. Afterwards, spray them with some shiny gold paint (or any other color paint).

Another suggestion would be to gather some real leaves (ones that have dried out) and spray them with your paints. Have fun.

• grittymitts
    20 years ago

Magnolia leaves are beautiful & just tuck into the branches. Natural, polished with furn. polish or painted gold, silver or white with gltter sprinkled on while paint is wet. I have a swag made six years ago that's looking a bit ragged now, but it made a 600 mile move!
    I also use interesting weedseed heads - some painted & glittered, some with only hair spray & some with fake snow.
    Try a bunch of stuff with $1. paint & have fun! Suzi

Sponsored
Emily Rudolph Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars25 Reviews
Hands-On & Collaborative Columbus Interior Designer