Return to the Garden & Flower Crafts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
baking material for primitive look

Posted by jeepbttrfly zone 5/6 PA (brebre929@suscom.net) on
Fri, Nov 21, 03 at 9:00

Hello all!
I have been searching and searching for a way to make some of these primitive creations that are out there. And I have noticed that a lot of crafters are "baking" them with cinnamon rubs in the oven. I can't find these recipes anywhere. Is there any readers out there that has a good recipe I can follow? All I think about is placing a cloth star in the oven under the broiler and having it come out looking like burnt garlic bread. :o)
Thanks so much!
Lonna

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: baking material for primitive look

possibly good old fashioned white bread- I've seen women making little roses out of wonderbread mushed into dough, then painted with white glue...

could be salt-dough, which is what we used to use in kindergarten...1 part salt to 3 parts flour, warm water a little at a time to activate the gluten in the wheat...

those are my two ideas.

o

Are you talking about the cinnamon ornaments? If so, 1 cup of applesauce and 1 cup of cinnamon mixed well together, then kneaded and rolled and cut with cookie cutters. Bake at 150 - 200 degrees, for an hour, I think. Oh, punch holes with a toothpick so you can hang with a ribbon. They're cute, and smell great. Hope this helps. Cindy

o

I have seen several differnt methods...ask over at PrimMart Forums...it is all about Primative Crafts...

I know tea or coffe stained, then rubbed cinnamon in then baked at a low temp....

Here is a link that might be useful: Prim Mart Forums

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden & Flower Crafts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here