Return to the Garden & Flower Crafts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help! Need straw wreath bases!

Posted by jules7ky z6KY (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 19, 04 at 9:00

Hi, everyone! I am looking for 12" straw wreath bases to make boxwood wreaths, and am having a terrible time. Neither Wal-Mart nor our craft stores seem to have any this year, and I'm not finding any on the web. Can't even seem to find urethane bases!

Does anyone have a good source for them (wholesale, if possible)? I've got boxes of fresh boxwood stems, and nowhere to pin 'em! Thanks for any help you can give...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help! Need straw wreath bases!

I sent you an e-mail.

o

Do you have a Ben Franklin store near you? If so check them out as they carry alot of craft stuff. How about Michaels or JoAnn Fabrics or Hancock Frabrics, they all carry craft stuff. Hobby Lobby? Good Luck!

o

Don't know if you found your bases yet or not but I was in the same boat until today when I found that the florists sell them. I was pleased with the prices. Hope this helps.

o

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions! We did find some bases at the Hobby Lobby. None of the other craft stores in town had any...

JeanB, I'll be checking around with florists to see who might have them - we'll need another batch sometime soon, I'm sure!

Thanks again for all the info, everyone!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden & Flower Crafts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here