Return to the Garden & Flower Crafts Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
anyone know how to make plastic spoon roses

Posted by zinnia_blooms 6 (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 12, 06 at 14:58

hello would like some info on how to make plastic spoon roses , seen them at a craft fair ,or a link would help too

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: anyone know how to make plastic spoon roses

I found this is one of those crafts that is better taught as 'show and tell'. Here are some written instuctions I found. I made mine similar to this. I used a candle instead of a heat gun. I used heavy wire-a coat hanger-instead of the wooden skewer for the stem. I bought the green base for the rose and rose stem leaves in bags at a local craft shop instead of the ones from a silk rose.

I don't know who to give credit for the following directions to.

"I use a heat gun to warm the edges of the spoon until they begin to curl. Then press them against the table top in a rolling motion until you form a petal. Curl the inside petal tighter than the outer ones. I use about 7 or 8 spoons to form each rose. You can use as many as you want, depending on the size of rose you wish to make. For a rose bud, just roll one tightly, or for variation add one petal. Each rose will look differently, depending on how much you curl and shape each petal. After you form all your petals, cut the handles off, leaving about 1/4 - 1/2 inch on the center petal only. I used a wooden skewer for the stem, wrapped in green foral tape. Hot glue it to the center of the center bud, holding it in place until the glue cools a little and sets up. Then form your rose a petal at a time, glueing each one in place at the base of the rose, overlapping each one just a little to look a little more natural. When all the petals are glued into place, use the green base from a silk rose, and slip it over the skewer, and glue into place to hide where you have put your rose together. I add a little silk baby's breath and green rose leaves to the stem and you're all finished. Dress it up with a pretty bow. Have fun. It takes a few to get the hang of it. And some plastics work better than others. If you have any other questions, let me know. Good luck!"

o

Good video instructions here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zpiD3ODg3k&feature=related

o

There is the tutorial of making plastic spoon roses.

Here is a link that might be useful: tutorial of making plastic spoon roses

o

"plastic spoon roses" sound tacky, but the finished rose is really nice! Be fun to adapt for rose votive holders (battery candles, of course)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden & Flower Crafts Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here