Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jules4u101

Cheap and Inexpensive

jules4u101
20 years ago

It's no secret that everyone is having a not so well Christmas this year with the way the world is today and everything is better if it's homemade however I need something cheap and inexpensive and probably simple to make, as I need tons of them. Any simple and cheap ideas for Christmas gifts for the adults in the bunch!

Jules

Comments (6)

• TXDana
    20 years ago

You could look into some of the homemade hot chocolate mixes. I usually put mine in canning jars, but you could also put them in zip lock baggies.

Dana

• Ina Plassa_travis
    20 years ago

I recently fell in to a trashbag of antique fabric scraps- like real antiques, including some toiles from the 1800's... I went to the dollar store, and found a bunch of little photo albums that were a front, pages, and a back bound together with a showstring in a little book- so I recovered them, lined the insides with felt, and used up a TON of ribbon from my 'Artful Ribbon' projects to make pretty bows where they joined... total out of pocket expense was about $2 a book- one for the book, the other for spray adhesive, glue, etc...

and people are going insane over them- so I am now doing a whole nother series using modern fabrics that I'd collected and never done anything with : )

• cindylu
    20 years ago

How about jars or bags of scented bath salts? You can use epsom salt and color with a little food coloring, add some fragrance oil (you can get these at a health food store or online) - actually, I have some extra I'll send you for sase, if interested, email me. I've even seed a cute jar done with pink salts layered with white salts in a stripe pattern - like peppermint. Put a bow on the jar and you're done! Easy and everybody likes them. Cindy

• Posie
    20 years ago

If you go to www.recipegoldmine.com you will find dozens of recipes and there are lots for gifts in jars, etc. Good Luck!

• Craftybrat
    20 years ago

Make some Cookies or other food thing. Everyone always loves food. If you aren't a cook, make some pretty work or chore coupons. If you sew fleace hats or mittens are nice. For the gardener on your list, a work apron or bucket wrap tool carrier thing, I make mine from old jeans. For the doggies (and there are a lot in my family) they get simple bandanas or dried garlic hot dog bites. Find a good used book store, they are usually real cheap and ya can find tons of good stuff there! This year was a really good apple crop for us, so everyone is getting home made cidar!

• darjo
    19 years ago

you can buy the cheap clear glass ball ornaments from the dollar stores, take out the stem and with the long craft tweezers place some moss in the bottom and then do anything you want as a sceen or flower arrangement. I have used the very tiny nativity people and put them in the balls-however I had to use very large balls to get the hole big enough and then tied ribbon around it.They turned out very well.Pine cones is another thing, I used very tiny beads and made garlands with them then glued it to the cone, like a real tree and then glued small red beads/or any color to the very tips of the cone.glue a string or ribbon to the top.

Sponsored