Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alohamillion123

Opinions on this project please =)

alohamillion123
17 years ago

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone will share their opinions with me regarding a project I am planning. I would like to make a glass block light (the type that you drill the hole and add Christmas lights to) for a retired Navy friend. I initially found several very nice pictures that would be marvelous but then I also thought that I wanted to practice some glass etching prior to working on another project, SO why couldn't I etch a lovely scene on a block??? I think I would have to etch the background to make it look right and I had hoped to use blue lights but the picture I prefer is of an eagle soaring with either the word FREEDOM or LIBERTY above it so being blue may be weird. Opinions?

Hubby thinks that the lights are nice but maybe a simple NAVY would be better using the etching on the words for the blue light to shine thru the background. Opinions?

Sorry for the long post! My only crafting, near me friend, who is wife to this gentleman is getting a Thomas Kinkade one so I don't dare ask her opinions and give away her surprise so Merry Christmas and THANK YOU for your input! =)

Stacey

Comment (1)

Sponsored