Return to the Moss, Ferns & Cryptogams Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Moss Identification

Posted by twa_112830 7a (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 30, 10 at 1:49

Hello,
I took some pictures at near by county park. I am not expert in this category. Can anyone help me identifying them?
A:

B:

C:

D:

I know some of them are moss but some of them might not. I am writing a webpage (link below) about the pictures taken but I want to make sure the information is correct.

Thanks

Kuan

Here is a link that might be useful: My olympus photo gallery - need some help with the picture taken. Please scroll all the way down.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Moss Identification

Moss 1 is probably Atrichum selwynii and Moss 3 is probabaly the same species or another one of Atrichum.
Moss 2 is probably a Brachythecium species.
To see my images of similar mosses
Click Here

and click on the links under Albums on the left

The lichen is probably a Menegazzia species.
Click here to see one

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Moss, Ferns & Cryptogams Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here