Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
plantlady7788

Looking for Nephrolepsis exaltata 'Norwoodii'

plantlady7788
17 years ago

I am looking for Nephrolepsis exaltata 'Norwoodii.' Does anyone grow it, have any for sale or trade, or know of a source for it? Anyone have a photo? I saw someone buy a Norwood fern at a plant sale about 20 years ago, and I've wanted one just like that plant ever since. It had very finely cut leaves and was a very fluffy fern. I've never been able to come across a photo of it to be sure exactly what the plant looks like.

Thanks,

Helen

Comments (2)

• majani
    10 years ago

Greetings from Australia, plantlady, I don't know if you are still looking for a norwoodii, but I bought a beautiful specimen in 1971, and it still going strong and is magnificent. There is a rather inferior, ratty-looking variety here called 'susie wong', that has a tendency to be unstable in it's leaf form. I haven't seen a norwoodii for sale in 40 years.

• Marla Good
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Oh, my goodness - over ten years later, I'm wondering if you ever found one? I'm just chiming in to say that I bought one today. On the off-chance you're still looking -- or anyone else is -- I found mine at Kim's Nature, just outside of Toronto, Canada: http://kimsnature.ca

Kim's Nature imports them - I was told they're not grown locally. I love mine. It was only about $10 for a small one. They like rainwater or melted snow for the acidity; at least 40% humidity, and decaying leaf matter such as would be found in a forest, according to the incredibly lovely and helpful owner. They ship all over Canada in season.

Sponsored