Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jmcat_gw

Fern 'Haloing'?

jmcat
15 years ago

I have a fern that I planted in one of my terraruims a while back, and it dropped spores that it had onto the soil, apparently. I transplanted a few of them to other areas of the terrarium, and a couple to pots, though still in the terrarium for humidity. Most of those transplanted died, but some survived, and one even started growing decently. I have a contained waterfall next to it that, presumably, provides a bit of humidity for the terrarium. However, I was gone for a week recently, and turned off the waterfall to make sure that it didn't run dry and burn out the pump. I also put a bag over the waterfall to keep it moist (I have various mosses on pumice in there). When I got back, more of the transplanted ferns were dead, and most of the leaves on the one that has done well were dead. It's still alive, but isn't doing so well. Also, the leaves it has that are still alive have a lighter color around the leaf edge. I know that this implies a nutrient deficiency in African Violets, and I was wondering if it was the same kind of thing for a fern, or whether it might be caused by the wrong moisture level. Any ideas?

Thanks,

-Jmcat

Comments (3)

Sponsored