Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
greenman28

Moss and Mushrooms from Bear River (pics)

Good afternoon, fellow growers, outdoorsmen, and enthusiasts!

As many of you know from my past postings, Ferns, Mosses, Lichens, and Fungi have a special place in my heart!

I frequently hike the trails and waterways that wend along the Bear River, although I don't always have a camera with me, as it makes for an inconvenient jog. However, when the rain stopped yesterday afternoon, I called a friend to join me at the Bear River campgrounds, and I threw the camera in the car. It was perfect weather - 45°F and dripping. Here are a few pics that I hope you'll enjoy.

{{gwi:597242}}

{{gwi:597243}}

{{gwi:597244}}

{{gwi:597245}}

{{gwi:597247}}

{{gwi:597250}}

Comments (12)

• jojosplants
    14 years ago

Josh!
    These pictures are just amazing! I love the tree with all the moss!

JoJo

• puglvr1
    14 years ago

Hi Josh, I've never been to this forum but a friend mentioned that you posted some awesome pictures, so I had to come by and check it out. I'm so glad I did...Really GREAT pictures!
    Thanks for posting!!

• meyermike_1micha
    14 years ago

Josh, I have even seen pictures as nice as these in the National Geographic books...Outstanding my friend...My GOD

I wish I could take a nice lonely walk through there! Thank you so much for sharing these with us...

Jojo, thanks so much for directing me here...I have been too tired lately to keep up with all these beautiful threads..So sorry..:-(

Thanks again Josh. You will here from me soon..:-)

I too love the tree all covered in moss. And those little yellow things, and that mushroom..Wow

• tapla (mid-Michigan, USDA z5b-6a)
    14 years ago

Rockin', Josh! Strong work - left me with a 'peaceful, easy feeling'! I could hear the 'sounds of silence' when I viewed the pics.

Al

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hello darkness my old friend... ;)

Awesome! Thank you JoJo, Nancy, Mike, and Al!
    Mike, you're too kind...my pics aren't *that* good, but you certainly have my gratitude!

Incidentally, I have a few new pics:

{{gwi:597251}}

{{gwi:597252}}

{{gwi:597253}}

{{gwi:597254}}

{{gwi:597255}}

{{gwi:597256}}

{{gwi:597257}}

{{gwi:597258}}

Josh

• jojosplants
    14 years ago

More Josh?!! OMG! Breath taking! Mike was right! Puts so many photos to shame! Like I said in another thread, the first set of trees, makes me think of Unicorns and white doves! So peaceful!!

And Mike! You ratted me out! Boy! ROFL!
    At least Nancy and Al kept me a secret.. lol!

Hi Nancy, Al, Mike! Good to see you all! worth the trip wasn't it!

Josh, Al... Awsome songs to quote, made me giggle! I love that music! Can make me feel a little old at times though. LOL!

Have a great day everyone!
    JoJo

• tapla (mid-Michigan, USDA z5b-6a)
    14 years ago

Don't follow me off topic and take anything away from Josh's beautiful pics, but S&G are still my all-time favs. I listen to 'em alla time!

More beautiful photos, Josh! Thanks for sharing them with us. You obviously have us all feelin' groovy. ;o)

Thanks for the heads-up, JJ.

Al

• meyermike_1micha
    14 years ago

Josh!!!!!!!!Those mushrooms are so cute from my mom..The pink ones!

GOD amazing nature is is..Thanks pal!

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks, Mike and Mom! ;)
    Those mushroom colonies are growing in moss on the side of a canal. They reminded me of little people - the mushroom people.

I'll e-mail you a few additional pics. Yes, there's always more....

Josh

• jojosplants
    14 years ago

Hint, Hint,

jojoscraftsngifts@q.com

I would love added to the mailing list. ;)

I never in a million years would have guessed that much moss could grow on a tree!

Glad you guys are enjoying them!
    I've been peeking here eversince Josh posted the pics of the logs with moss.

I can't grow it, so this is so nice to see!

JoJo

• puglvr1
    14 years ago

Josh and Al...I LOVE that song too!!

BTW, those pictures are just AWESOME!! VERY COOL...thanks for sharing them with us! What a peaceful and beautiful walk that must be :o)

• meyermike_1micha
    14 years ago

Josh,

I had to take a walk again to these pictures...Amazing is all I can say...Please take me there if I should ever come out for a visit!

I will e-mail you soon...:-)

Mike

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?