Return to the Moss, Ferns & Cryptogams Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Moss Milkshake?

Posted by gardendeb NW FL Z 8-9 (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 23, 10 at 16:39

Has anyone yet tried this new product? Apparently it's a carton of dried moss that you mix with water (or beer) and apply wherever you want to grow moss. They sell it as Moss Acres, and the link below. I'm curious how well it works.

MossMilkshake.com

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.mossmilkshake.com/

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Moss Milkshake?

Nope, never.
Let us know if you like the product.

o

I'll let you know if I purchase it. Meanwhile I'll keep digging up the free stuff.

o

Price seems steep for a carton of moss. If you normally dig up moss you know you can use it exactly the same way, right? Just chop up some moss and spread the fragments over the soil. If the substrate is suitable and is kept moist the moss will establish. A mist system helps.

o

I'm thinking of trying this in a shady area where I can't get fescue to grow. But, the area is next to a 4' drop-off and my dogs are fast runners... I know moss is slippery and I'm envisioning them sliding then tumbling down the little "cliff."

Anyone know if this type of moss is slippery (or whether there's a type of moss with a bit more traction than others)?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Moss, Ferns & Cryptogams Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here