Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
teporterfield_gw

Help! my boston ferns are dying!!

teporterfield
12 years ago

I am not sure if that pic will show up. I live in the Pittsburgh PA area. This past July I bought 2 beautiful boston ferns and they hung under my top deck all summer and thrived very well. they were so big and bushy you could not even see the hanging basket they were in. I brought them in for the winter and at first they did pretty well. i did mist them, as i read to do (these are my first ferns) but i admit i was not consistent with it. they have shed profusely and appear to be dying. I have them sitting next to the sliding glass doors in my dining room. even the small baby fronds seem to be drying up. however, the soil feels moist when i stick my finger in so i am afraid to over water. should i repot them? it's february, will that shock them too much? there are a lot of brown dead fronds. i was trimming them in the beginning but they will not pull out. If anyone has advice, please. they were so beautiful, i want to keep them. i worry that leaving them alone from now until spring will only damage them further. also, if anyone can advise on posting a pic too. thanks

Here is a link that might be useful: pic of fern

Comments (4)

Sponsored