Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
onlyme356

Please identify this 'fern' -Help!

onlyme356
15 years ago

I know there are many different types of weeds and I'm only familair with the common ones. Now I realized this wasn'st a weed at all.. but I realized that before I finally made the decision to remove a bunch of them (actually my boyfriend did) that I thought may be a type of weed. I don't know much about gardening, but I didn't like the way this plant looked and it was always wrapping itself around everything mostly the roses the were beside it. It looked like it would choke the heck out of the roses. They have tiny little thorns or needles which cut me at one point. They recently grew some small little purple "berries" that would hang off of it. I smashed one in my fingers and it didn't smell sweet, but was VERRYY sticky. It's bushy and resembles some type of fern- Please excuse my ignorance about plants! Anyway can anyone please tell me something about these plants. I still have them in a bag right now and will probably replant a few if it turns out I made a huge mistake. (which I'm sure I did) Thanks!

{{gwi:599176}}

{{gwi:599177}}

{{gwi:599178}}

{{gwi:599179}}

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County