Return to the Moss, Ferns & Cryptogams Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
treating scale on rabbits foot fern

Posted by dcmorchid (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 9, 06 at 14:02

have a few rabbits foot ferns that have quite a bit of scale on the stems throughout the plant
was looking for a good "safe" treatment to perhaps "dunk"
the whole plant into beside scraping them all off one at a time
thanks folks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: treating scale on rabbits foot fern

This time of year you can give your rabbit's foot fern a haircut. That is, cut of all the fronds. All the existing fronds will die over the summer anyway. I use Cygon at about half strength to treat all my ferns for scale. But any similar systemic should do the trick. First make sure the plant is well watered then mix the pesticide in a big bucket and dunk the plant. It's always easier to avoid getting scale than to treat it. Keep an eye on your garden to head off any infestations. Also, with "Rabbit's foot" good air circulation is essential.
Best of luck.

o
RE: treating scale on rabbits foot fern

Cygon has been yanked from the market, I believe.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Moss, Ferns & Cryptogams Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here