Return to the Moss, Ferns & Cryptogams Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help me save my Fern!

Posted by KtTurner710 KY (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 5, 11 at 15:19

This fern was a gift, it's my first plant. It's been inside for the winter. Our new puppy chewed the leaves off one side of it so we got stand for it. I repotted it last week into a bigger pot with fresh soil and some miracle grow. It's by the door just so I could get a good pic, it sits in the corner of our kitchen and gets indirect sunlight. Should I remove anything dead? How much should I be watering it? after some research I think I've been over watering. What all should I do to get it healthy again? In april I'm going to move it outside but plan to keep it in the big pot, will being outside help it?

http://s1113.photobucket.com/albums/k505/KtTurner710/

Here is a link that might be useful: Fernpics

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help me save my Fern!

Check the link below that might help you with your Boston Fern. Once your temps warm up put outside in shade. I have been growing these ferns for years outside and they can handle lows into the high 30s.. They are pretty tough plants.

Here is a link that might be useful: GROWING FERNS SUCCESSFULLY INDOORS

o
RE: Help me save my Fern!

I would remove the dead parts since they are no help to the plant. And with the overwatering - I think the plant needs some time to get better. I almost killed my first fern but it got better after two weeks. Just don't use too much water now, give it some light and time. But were the roots already moldy? Then also a new pot and new earth won't do anything good.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Moss, Ferns & Cryptogams Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here