Return to the Moss, Ferns & Cryptogams Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone tried those mushroom kits?

Posted by kam76 z8, WA (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 11, 08 at 16:19

Espeically the morel ones? I LOVE morels and have been dying to eat them again. I'd be interested in growing my own if these kits really work.
https://www.territorialseed.com/prod_detail_list/s

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone tried those mushroom kits?

I tried one years ago,the common white field mushroom,very disappointing,i think i got a quarter of a pound. I then discovered you're better off taking the stuff out of the box,lifting some turf from your lawn and spreading the stuff there before replacing the turf. Thats closer to how mature does it.

o
RE: Anyone tried those mushroom kits?

My dad got me one for my birthday (early Feb) and I am still getting portabella's. I believe I'd be getting more too, if I hadn't gone out of town and left it for my husband to water (which he obviously didn't do a good job of) over a long weekend. It dried out too much and many of the little ones stunted. I started watering it again after I returned and have picked 7 since returning... Ofcourse, I didn't have to buy it myself, but I think it's been worth the money. I love morels too, so keep us posted if you go for it!

ginger

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Moss, Ferns & Cryptogams Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here