Return to the Moss, Ferns & Cryptogams Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ferns that like Zone 6/7?

Posted by landrover northknoxville (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 28, 05 at 21:47

I really like ferns, but aren't most of them unable to withstand heat? I'm looking for ones that come back in the spring...I do have shade...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ferns that like Zone 6/7?

I live in zone 7a and these are some of the ferns that are native to North Georgia (and yes they come back in the spring):

Christmas Fern (good for dry areas)
Ebony Spleetwort (good for dry areas)
Lady Fern
New York Fern
Hay Scented Fern
Cinnamon Fern (good for wet areas)
Royal Fern (good for wet areas)
Netted Chain fern
Sensitive Fern (good for wet areas)
Northern Maidenhair fern
Broad Beech fern
Southern Grape fern
Rattlesnake fern

o
RE: Ferns that like Zone 6/7?

Wow, Thanks so much! That was a quite an impressive list. Surely I will find ferns that will suit my purpses now. As usual the Garden Web offers the best advice to be found anywhere. I'm off to search for sources of these locally now. Thanks again.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Moss, Ferns & Cryptogams Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here