Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
terrestrial_man

Need your help and feedback

terrestrial_man
16 years ago

HELP! On trying to log onto my moss pages and my selaginella pages at Topcities I discovered a blank page!

On trying to sign in to check out the problem I got an

error message. I have no idea what is happening as I have

received no emails from the site regarding overage in

bandwidths. Other persons sites are operating on the host.

So ??

Below is a link to the moss pages and to the selaginella

pages. I would appreciate you clicking on the links and seeing what happens. Please let me know if you got through or did not.

Selaginella pages

Moss pages

This is not the first time I have experienced this before.

But the first time for Topcities.

That is the reason I went to Topcities.

I am already contemplating another free webpage site for

hosting my journals.

We will see.

Comments (6)

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    16 years ago

Blank pages for me, too.
    How frustrating that must be.

Have you e-mailed the host?

Josh

• terrestrial_man
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks for the assist, Josh.
    I did as much a checking into the site as I could and
    discovered that they have all the marbles and anyone who sets up webpages on the site can be deleted without explanation at any time for any reason. In fact all the free web hosting services have the same or similar statements in their terms of service.
    What I believe has happened as I have not heard nor do expect to hear that my website at Topcities.com was not getting many hits and they deleted the site because without enough hits no advertiser would want to post ads on the pages! It is all about money. That figures!
    So after sleeping on it I have decided that these kinds of pages that are of limited interest would receive the same treatment at any of the free web sites. As I am 65 and my life expectancy will end most likely within 20 years while my ability to be mentally acute enough to accomplish what I am currently doing may diminish within a shorter period of time as I have a family history of Alzheimer's Disease which affected my mother and my paternal grandfather and probably others I do not know of, though I am taking Turmeric to offset the onset of this nefarious disease, I figure that I am in a race to set up what I can before it becomes impossible for me to do so.
    Therefore, I am going to set up the pages on all my plant activity, beginning with Selaginella here at GardenWeb.
    I have pretty well worked it out in my head how to do so. I think it will be the best place for my pages to be "hosted." GardenWeb is a fixture on the net and I expect it to survive well past my life, at least I hope so!!! It would be nice to believe that it will survive into the ages ahead. Yes I am an optomist! Unlike many caught up in the hysteria of looking for some "end of the world" scenario I have much more hope in mankind's ability to survive and to ascend into full utilization of the potentialities that are inherent within the species. As was said in one very cool movie: "Life will find a way."
    So a little more thought on re-establishing my pages here and perhaps over the week-end I can begin the process with Selaginella. Stay tuned.

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    16 years ago

Indeed, sir!
    Let us shore these fragments against our ruin.
    Well said.

Josh

• terrestrial_man
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Again, Thanks Josh.

I have decided to begin loading on the new Moss Journals.
    Instead of the Selaginella ones as I need more time to see what I have to do to get them ready as some of the files are pdf and html documents.

I have already loaded the Moss links. As time progresses and I run across more links of merit I will add additional follow-ups to include these as well as follow-ups to link ove to the different sections of the journal found at GardenWeb. This is going to be interesting!

Now I have to decide which is first! Georgia, Utah, California, or Oregon. I have several on Washington mosses but this section is still incomplete.

Later.

• terrestrial_man
    Original Author
    16 years ago

WOW! WOULD YOU BELIEVE MY SITE AT FREESERVERS HAS BEEN
    DELETED AS WELL!
    Well must be a change coming in these services. I guess my site was not busy enough for them??? Maybe I should have been controversial or something ???
    Anyhow I invite anyone who is interested to visit what is left of my webpages at Geocities before they too fall to
    the axe.
    And I thought that these services would be around ad infinitum!!! Just goes to show you that the so-called free sites depend on advertisers posting onto your pages and when there is a lack then ITS THE AXE!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: If you want to know about Terrestrial_man (Jerry Copeland) click here

• jmcat
    16 years ago

Well, I can get to this page of yours page at freeservers right now. Can you now?
    -Jmcat

Sponsored
Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living in Columbus, OH