Return to the Moss, Ferns & Cryptogams Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
NYC midtown - free beautiful mature Holly Fern

Posted by sherryazure 6 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 25, 06 at 10:42

I got this plant from moss collected in sidewalk crack ages ago. Spores turned into little ferns, now one big one which has outgrown my globe shaped terrarium. About (tallest frond taller then rest) 1 - 1/2 foot high and maybe as wide. Each year has spores.... It is high humidity plant and maybe can be hardened down but everytime I try it starts to wilt in dry air of NYC winter (and summer for that matter)

I would like to give it to a good home as I don't destroy plants... Let me know if you are interested please. Sherry

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: NYC midtown - free beautiful mature Holly Fern

I would like to have it if you think it would make the trip
I want to add more ferns to my garden ...
let me know if you what to ship out of your state..
it would be sweet... and I promise if blessed with it to take care of it..
fellow plant lover....

o

Kyshorthaul - not sure why nothing showed up in my email??? at any rate it is a tropical high humidity fern, not sure it would do well at all in outdoors, although I know humidity if I recall from childhood in Indiana, is high in that region during summer... Let me know if you think it would survive in outdoors in Kentucky... I was trying to find a NYC person to avoid shipping et al... However let me know thoughts. Sherry

o

would be interested in adding it to my collections of plants and odds stuff in my green house if it was still available
thanks
David

o

David, not sure why my emails not going through. Please email me at sherryazure@yahoo.com (or anyone interested) the greenhouse is a suitable home and I have others as my ferns proprogate a lot! Not sure where you live and not sure about shipping... (ie is it worth cost of fern) I can do it of course as I have shipped plants from Oregon but they were on the plane with me so basically a long day for them. Let me know. Best Sherry

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Moss, Ferns & Cryptogams Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here