Return to the Moss, Ferns & Cryptogams Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Staghorn Fern

Posted by dpinker1 z4 NY (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 27, 06 at 15:16

I would love to try this plant, any idea where is the best place to purchase it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Staghorn Fern

you can try online @ www.fernfactory.com and/or rainforestflora.com both in california!!
i have purchased a few at my local Home Depot, Rain Forest Flora actually delivers their staghorns to them. That is how i found out about them! they are doing great as a matter of fact! good luck and you will really enjoy just looking at them.

chuy

o
RE: Staghorn Fern

Pleae bear in mind before purchasing a stag that they are tropical ferns and do best in a high humidity environment. I am able to keep mine outside during the summertime in westcentral Alabama, but must bring them in during the winter months. Mine are mounted on wood slabs. As they become larger and heavier they can be a real hassle to water; however, mine does well wintering over in the house, hanging in the kitchen with watering at the kitchen sink and in the bathtub.

I've been able to purchase mine locally, even at a grocery store! Take a look on ebay to see some varieties and sizes. Should you decide to buy one online, I can say that I recently made a purchase (not a fern, but supplies) from The Fern Factory and was quite impressed at their service and response to my order.

Take the plunge and have fun with your fern. I think they're very exotic looking, and get bothered by a friend in California who keeps telling me that "they grow everywhere out here." Yeah, right! Everything grows in California, but if you have an eyecatching staghorn in New York, it's something.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Moss, Ferns & Cryptogams Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here