Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maximusdecimus

Plant ID's please

maximusdecimus
12 years ago

Hello. Wondering if anyone can tell me what these are. I've been taking care of them for a few years. I must say I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to plant classifications, so looking these up has been a pain as I'm not even entirely sure what family these are in. After squandering an hour sifting through generic term image results on on google, I figured I'd ask here.

{{gwi:602600}}
This was actually quite a fortuitous time to take this picture as I can't recall seeing these put any color out in the 4~ years i've been monitoring. So the bright yellow, 5 petaled flowers might help distinguish it. (The branches you see coming into frame from the bottom right are not the same type of plant).

{{gwi:602601}}

These 'flowers' are all off the same above ground rhizomesque stem. I have placed it under this thin layer of pebbles because it is extremely brittle but is capable of rooting if in contact with moist soils. (something i'm trying to encourage.) It has been in this pot for 2 springs now but hasn't done anything special, like flower, in the years i've been watching it. It's actually rather bland and uninteresting, but I find when backed by light colored stone, it has a charm to it. I would like to incorporate them into a small feature i have with pebble covered earthen steps i have in the back.

Comments (4)

Sponsored