Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cheechnchong

staghorn fern spore tips

Cheechnchong
18 years ago

hi again gang... I've got some staghorns that are producing spore ends on the tips of the staghorn leaves. I'd like to be a junior scientist and see if I can make these babies reproduce somehow... ummm... or at least collect them in a manner that someone who knows what they're doing, can use them. (Meaning... I'd like to put them on my barter list but want to make sure I'm harvesting the spores in the right fashion.) Of course, I have zero clue as to the species of staghorn fern it is... but I figure someone on here would be brilliant enough to identify it for me.

hi again gang... I've got some staghorns that are producing spore ends on the tips of the staghorn leaves. I'd like to be a junior scientist and see if I can make these babies reproduce somehow... ummm... or at least collect them in a manner that someone who knows what they're doing, can use them. (Meaning... I'd like to put them on my barter list but want to make sure I'm harvesting the spores in the right fashion.) Of course, I have zero clue as to the species of staghorn fern it is... but I figure someone on here would be brilliant enough to identify it for me.

(let's see if this works for a picture of the plant)

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/onefemaildog/detail?.dir=3873&.dnm=fa9d.jpg

Comment (1)

Sponsored
HEMAX Construction Services & Landscaping, LLC
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Landscape Contractors Servicing VA