Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
msklk_2006

ghost ferns don't show..../ Buttermilk-moss recipe anyone?

msklk_2006
17 years ago

Good evening.

I am a little bit anxious over my 'missing' ghost ferns and wanted to see if anybody had any advice..

I bought these from bluetsone perennials last spring and they grew and did great all summer.

I decided to move them late august thinking that it was still plenty of time for them to re-establish before the killing frosts, the ground generally freeze here in Chicago (z5) , around novemeber- early dec.,

They kept flourishing after the transplant as I dug them up with decent dirt clumps attached and the shock was minimal.

All my ferns are now showing if not up and running already, that also includes my ghostferns in other locations ( some in more sun and some with even less than the absentee's)

I figure that if they kept going and putting up a good show until the hard freeze took 'em last year, they should have survived the winter, no?

I have checked the most common things and it all seems normal.

I am also wondering if somebody knows about the procedure of multiplying moss involving buttermilk and a blender?

-it is such a long time ago I read about it and would like to get the specific instructions again.

Thanks a lot and enjoy the wonderful spring!

KLK.

Comments (2)

Sponsored